Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ant Rant

I had planned to begin this post today with a picture of the offending little frellers*, but I didn't get a picture yesterday of the ravening hordes descending upon the homemade traps we made. This morning when I went to get the pictorial proof I realized that it just wouldn't have the visual impact with only the few hardy (or stupid) ants that are still trying to get through our defenses. So, it is with smug satisfaction that this post goes naked for the day.

I wouldn't call this all out victory. Not by a long shot. But, we have at last gained ground against the insidious infestation that has up until now resisted all efforts of eradication. For weeks now, I have suffered patiently, with ants on my counters, on my floors, on my walls, on my ceilings, on my TOILETS! (ugh!), on my sofas, on my clothes, on my BODY! (double ugh!), and just about EVERYWHERE YOU LOOKED!!! We (and by "we" I mean The Mr.), systematically sealed all the cracks, laid out store bought traps, sealed more cracks, more traps, stuff outside around the house, and yet they still came. It was getting so bad that I was getting twitchy anytime I felt the slightest itch or tickle on my skin for fear it was yet another ant creeping up on me. (Pause to vigorously do the ants in the pants twitchy dance) I did consider handing down an ultimatum that I was retiring to a hotel until the ants were gone. More and more frequently in the past few days, did I consider that option.

But today. Ah yes, today.
Mwaahahahah!! (Hands rubbing together, demonic gleam in the eyes)
We've got them on the run now.
Dirty little twerps.
It's only a matter of time...

*"freller" brought to you by Robin McKinley at www.robinmckinleysblog.com. One of my all time favorite authors and blogs that I stalk regularly. I particularly delight in her delicious alternatives for "naughty" words. It's so satisfying to say. Try it. But, be careful. You might like it. You might find it and other words like dranglefab, frelling and ratbag sneaking into your daily language. (Again with the hand rubbing and maniacal laughter...)

No comments:

Post a Comment