Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In A Nutshell - February

February - You were a bit of a blur too.  The routine was now: dog, work, dog, school stuff, dog, mom stuff, dog, sleep, repeat.

Somewhere in between all of that we put together a little thing called the Blue, Gold, and Pink Banquet.  Some of you who know Boy Scouts might be familiar with the Blue & Gold Banquet, but in our ward this year we added the Activity Day Girls in for some awards and fun - thus the Pink.  Because of my calling in Primary, I ended up deep in the middle of it all.  Our theme was "campfire".


I had the Mr. make us a "campfire" we could gather 'round for our program.


I made the awards and lanyards for our Activity Day Girls


The campfire theme travelled to our table decorations with some help from one of our Activity Day leaders.


I made these super cute and easy flag garlands.  
I loved how they brought the colors in, but kept the decorations simple.


For the cake competition my girls and I made this campfire cake.  The girls especially liked breaking the Pirouette cookies and smooshing the melted Starbursts to look like flames.


There's Lil'Sis getting her awards.


Big Sis was proud to get her awards too!

It was a fun night, but a bit of a blur in the middle of everything else we had rolling at the time. 
 I'm glad we captured a few pictures or I would never have remembered it!  
Sometimes that's just the way it is in Dramaville...

No comments:

Post a Comment