Monday, July 19, 2010

Cravings...

Now that we're back from vacation I'm attempting to finish the mountain of laundry, get the gear put away, readjust to the cat sleeping on our feet again, and download the pictures from the cameras.

That's when I came across the photos from our visit to Lee Vining.
It's a town, not a person.
Confusing, but let's stay focused here because I need to share my pain.

Whilst in Lee Vining town we stopped at the one little roadside stand that served fast food. (Did I mention Lee Vining is a town so small that there is one main road and not a single stop light?)
It was a tiny little place and at first I was mostly interested in the ice cream to cool us all down. Determined to be responsible I made us all order some food before we indulged in our ice cold gluttony. Responsibility has its rewards, for the culinary delights that were served up to us defy description. On top of that it was all nicely wrapped up in a lovely location with a shady yard in the back, clean picnic tables, white picket fence, and even clean bathrooms!
We had crispy delicious fries, divine onion rings with their special "Malibu Sauce", chicken nuggets for the girls (of course), and the Mr. had some jalapeno burger thing.

Me? I ordered a Bacon BBQ Blue Cheese Burger. It was a burger with BBQ sauce, blue cheese, smoky bacon, and an onion ring for good measure.

Heaven.

The ice cream was creamy and delicious and the cones were huge. Mmmm.
Doesn't it look good? Don't you want to go there now?

And now you feel my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment