Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Broke

We just had our "Spring Break." It was 6 extra days of having my beloved wild animals home from the blessed structure of school. They missed their friends, I missed the silence. They got sick of each other on the first day. By the 2nd day I was frantically setting up as many playdates as I could put together from the small group of friends that were still in town. Somehow I managed to keep them from bodily harming each other for the full 10 days of family togetherness. I think my ears are still ringing from the screeching and howling.

To this happy Spring mix we added a teenager who has come to live with us. Shake gently.

Nearly a week and a half later I seem to have caught my breath enough to have a thought other than, "aaaargggghhhh!"

What, you ask, did I do with my first break in two weeks?

I went back to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Hanging out with a good book and a gigantic spoonful of chocolate chip cookie dough are right up there too when you need to celebrate having your routine back. Or watching a few episodes of your favorite tv show and a bowl of ice cream with all of your favorite things on top! Hang in there chica!

    ReplyDelete